Look at these articles and decide which ones are scholarly.
Article 1 "Blaxploitation: The Controversial 70s"
Article 2 "Black Comedy," by Richard Grenier
Article 1 "Blaxploitation Movies" by Yvonne Sims
"Picturizing Race: Hollywood's Censorship of Miscegenation and Production of Racial Visibility through Imitation of Life"
Open Google Scholar in a new window. Copy and paste the name of these articles into Google Scholar. When the article listing appears, look for the words, "Cited by..." and click on it. This is a list of other articles that cite the first one, some of which may be on the same topic.
1. "Blaxploitation Horror Films: Generic Reappropriation or Reinscription?"
2. "Blaxploitation and the Misrepresentation of Liberation"
3. "Recontextualizing the historical reception of blaxploitation: Articulations of class, black nationalism, and anxiety in the genre's advertisements"
4. "Walking the Streets: Black Gangsters and the “Abandoned City” in the 1970s Blaxploitation Cycle"
5. "Superflies into superkillers: Black masculinity in film from Blaxploitation to New Black Realism"
BH 221 .U5 A47 The African Aesthetic: Keeper of the Traditions
E 185.86 .B532 Black Popular Culture
E 185.86 .B533 The Black Public Sphere: A Public Culture Book
P 94.5 .A372 U574 Split Image: African Americans in the Mass Media
PN 1997 .D313343 D3 Daughters of the Dust: The Making of an African American Woman's Film
PN 1995.9 .N4 B53 Black Cinema Aesthetics: Issues in Independent Black Filmmaking
PN 1995.9 .N4 C68 Black Film as Genre
PN 1995.9 .N4 N6 1948 The Negro in Films
Common searching errors:
#1 Getting the search logic wrong -- confusing "and" and "or"
#2 Adding extraneous words
#3 Getting the search logic wrong -- confusing "and" and "or"
#4 Adding extraneous words