Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Country Studies This link opens in a new window
A series of online books dealing with 101 foreign countries, describing and analyzing their political, economic, social, and national security systems and institutions.
Finding Books at Milne
Use GLOCAT+, Milne Library's online catalog, to identify books, articles, and other materials all with one search box.
Books can be searched by author, subject, or title (as well as any combination of these).
Limit to books and ebooks using the refine by "Content Type."
Locating Books on the Shelves
On the results screen of the desired item, locate the appropriate call number (or "address") that will help you find the book on the shelf. For instance, in the example below, we have four copies of the The Fault in Our Stars. There is one copy listed as "Available" which means it can be checked out.
Milne Library uses the Library of Congress call number system which consists of a series of letters and numbers. Each beginning letter (or set of letters) represents a subject area. If you find one book on the shelf, then the others that are around it will likely be related. This makes browsing the shelves a good strategy for finding additional resources.
If you ever need help finding a book in our collection, just ask at the Service Desk -- we're happy to help!
Books Not Owned by Milne
Borrowing Books Not Owned by Milne
- Use Information Delivery Service (IDS) to request books & media from other libraries. There is no charge to Geneseo students, faculty, or staff.
- If you already know what you want to request, you can place a request directly from your IDS account.
- Not sure what you need? Start by using IDS Search, located under our Quicksearch box under the "Beyond Milne" tab. This will let you quickly search for books & media from libraries that can deliver in 3 days or less.
- When you find an item you want, click on the button. This will create an IDS request for you.
- After receiving notification, you may pick up your book at the Milne Library Service Desk. 72 hours is the target goal for obtaining a borrowed book.