Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Preparing Your Course Resources to be Remote Ready
Milne Library is here to help.
Milne Library is ready to assist faculty with the selection and access of materials for course reserve as well as library and other information resources for students to use for classroom assignments and research projects. We strongly encourage faculty to select and/or make available electronic resources so that students can access the resources they need to be successful in their coursework, regardless of teaching format. Furthermore, faculty may have to be creative in selecting course materials or choose different materials than those works used in semesters past. Not all books and films are available in electronic and streaming format; and not all electronic books and streaming films are available for the Library to purchase as an institution.
If you have a question, please refer to the following contacts or submit a question using email@example.com
- Questions about library resources and acquisitions? Please email Alana Nuth, Head of Collection Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about course reserve or IDS? Please email Dan Ross, Head of Access Services, at email@example.com
Please Follow These Steps in Selecting Resources for Courses
1. Check Library Holdings
- Please start selecting resources by searching GLOCAT, the library catalog. Milne Library may already own or license electronic access to the resources that you would like to make available to students.
- If you are seeking streaming access to a film, please also check Films on Demand and Academic Video Online.
2. Consider Alternative Resources or Submit a Purchase Request
- If the resource that you are seeking to make available to your students is not available through Milne Library, please consider browsing GLOCAT further or searching Milne Library's own OASIS (Openly Available Sources Integrated Search) for alternative resource(s). Please see the Milne Library website to submit a question regarding open resources or contact the members of the Open Services Committee.
- If it's valuable to use a specific resource that is not available from the Library or published openly, please submit a purchase request using the following web forms: books and films or databases and journals.